Wellcome Trust, locations across London
The Welcome Trust, via their management company Knight Frank, required the fire alarm systems in 80 buildings across central London to be upgraded.
Fidelity were selected by Knight Frank to upgrade the life safety systems on 32 buildings in this prestigious project. The brief stated that the buildings should be implemented and managed as one project.
Our Solution- Fidelity was responsible for upgrading 32 buildings in the project. We opted to install Hyfire Radio equipment using Kentech addressable control panels. This provided the client with a significant cost saving over other, industry standard, fully wireless systems available on the market. The systems included:
- 32 Hyfire panels
- 460 Detectors and Breakglass units
We provided a complete service including, design, installation and all electrical works. There was a tight deadline of 16 weeks to complete the upgrades across 80 buildings and 32 sites. Fidelity achieved this through a carefully planned programme management process.
Obstacles we overcame
While as individual projects the installations were not particularly large, the tight timeframe to complete the works was challenging due to the difficulty in gaining access to the properties. Residents were often away for long periods of time and the work had to be completed in very limited timescales on their return.
There were various difficulties presented on this project which we worked with the client to overcome:
- Regular and efficient supply of equipment to on site personnel.
- We needed to arranged over 250 appointments direct with the residents of each apartment.
- To remain flexible throughout the project to attend apartments where access would be granted at limited notice and timeframe.
- Working within residental properties, all of which are furnished to an extremely high specification.
- Working in listed buildings and having to adapt and alter our system designs to keep all interested parties content with the final product